If you are working with acidic timber such as oak or Accoya you could well be facing issues with corroding locks that are holding you back from providing better customer guarantees for your double doors.
Or perhaps it’s the constant threat of corrosive air that’s affecting the performance of your door hardware, whether on the coast or in polluted city locations?
Watch our Video and discover a new solution
Avoid these issues and provide customers with a better double door set, giving them and you the peace of mind of guaranteed performance
Corrosion Isn’t Just a Coastal Issue
Over 80% of the UK is exposed to high atmospheric corrosion, which can cause hardware issues. In fact, according to research from the Galvanizer's Association, corrosion levels don’t really start to fall off until you’re between 30 to 50 miles from the coast.
And with the furthest point from the sea measured at 70 miles that means the vast majority of properties in the UK are affected. What’s more, research has shown corrosion levels are even higher in more industrial areas and large cities.
Avoid Corrosion Issues With Our MACO TRICOAT Hardware Solution
The MACO TRICOAT Klone Double Door Lock is a ‘must-have’ multi point locking system for wooden doors – especially those made from acidic timber or fitted near the coast. Features include:
- Twin handle system which provides a nice symmetrical look for your double doors
- Twin handle shootbolts that are easier for your customers to operate than locks with finger bolts
- No need for a dummy mullion, dramatically improving sightlines
- Suitable for use with 1800 – 2300mm high doors (can be fitted to taller doors with a lock extension)
- 5mm tolerance gap between hook return and keep plate to allow for door shrinkage
- Tapered hook bolts enable easy locking operation even with high gasket compression
- Highly secure locking system with hooks from master door into slave door, and shootbolts into the head and cill
- Doors can be machined quicker using the Klone Rebate Block from Whitehill Tooling
Delivering Proven Performance
We’ve teamed up with MACO to deliver you a hardware solution that benefits from its proven TRICOAT protective surface coating <–>(Click here to visit our MACO TRICOAT Hardware page):
Specialists in their field they have spent many years perfecting the MACO TRICOAT protective surface coating. This enables your hardware to stand up to corrosion from both acidic timber, saline environments, polluted city air or the dust and high vapour content found in a new build project.
The lock gearboxes are typically a difficult part of the lock to protect due to the multiple moving parts. New technology has been used to create the innovative VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor) sleeves protecting the lock gearboxes, which cannot be coated, from corrosion.
All of which means you no longer need to worry about expensive visits back to site to replace corroded and failing door locks and resolve unhappy customers.
For the ultimate multipoint door locks for your double door sets fit the MACO TRICOAT Klone Double Door Lock and give your customers peace of mind with a 10 Year Hardware Guarantee even in acidic timber.
Avoid hardware corrosion issues, provide customer peace of mind and make your double doors stand out from your competition’s. Contact us now on [email protected] or 01726 871 025 to discuss how we can help you.