Have you been avoiding switching over to fit a multipoint locking system on Heritage style timber doors?
Was it because your customers kept locking themselves out? Or was it because you found it a challenge between getting the compression right versus a smooth key operation?
Maybe you reverted back to the old rim style night latch and deadlock? This typically spoils the operation of the door and isn’t popular with homeowners. Homeowners don’t like the hassle of 2 separate locking points every time they want to fully engage the door.
We have a proven solution for you which is a simple, fool-proof and cost-effective way you can achieve a heritage look for your door but with an up-to-date, secure multipoint locking system.
View the video below and see how you can achieve this for yourself. To request your Drawing Pack complete the form below the video.
The ML130 Key Operated Multipoint Locking System with convenient Day Latch function brings you many benefits:
- Mechanical key-wind locking system to lock/unlock door which only requires a low operating force. This reduces pressure required on the key as the twin tapered deadbolts provide gradual compression as they’re wound in.
- Perfect compression is created by the twin tapered deadbolts providing excellent weather sealing whilst allowing for movement of the timber.
- As with most Winkhaus locks the ML130 has been tested to PAS24 and is approved by the Police ‘Secured by Design’ Security Initiative.
- Enables you to create a Heritage look with the cylinder still located traditionally at chest height.
- Extremely secure 5-point locking system which only requires 1 key to operate.
- Versatile locking system which can either be used with a cylinder pull and centre door knob if want to achieve a heritage look, or with an escutcheon and door pull handle if a more contemporary style required.
The additional Daytime Latch Keep function is a bit of a ‘dream come true’ for homeowners:
- In day latch mode you no longer have to worry about locking yourself out
- Ideal for when bringing the shopping in
- Traditional day latches have meant the door still swings in the breeze, but not with this design – the latch holds the door and only opens it when pushed or pulled.
Although these multipoint door locks are available in 45 or 55mm backset options, we recommend 55mm. A 55mm backset lock moves the cylinder further away from the door frame and makes it easier for the homeowner to operate the key.
Provide your customers with a multipoint locking system they want and which makes your doors more popular through better performance.
Don’t miss out on sales opportunities - To request your lock drawing/routing prep pack or for help to introduce this lock into your door offering just complete the form below and our team of joinery specialists will soon be in touch with you.