Coastal’s high-quality external door hinge is receiving critical acclaim among joinery companies as the “go-to” solution on their timber entrance doors, delivering a superior aesthetic and lasting performance over 3D Adjustable Hinge alternatives.
We truly believe this is the ultimate hinge solution on the market for your external timber doors. To let you see the benefits for yourself, we have a special introductory offer for you.
3D adjustable hinges are selected for reassurance of adjustability to account for doors dropping or swelling. However, there are significant issues with using 3D adjustable hinges for your external timber doors:
- 3D Adjustable hinges are typically not designed with the necessary material grade and durable design to withstand the harsh external environments
- Without precision design of the highest quality components, over time hinges performance deteriorates and leads to door dropping
With this in mind, Coastal’s goal was to design a precision engineered solution, offering vastly superior performance to lower quality ball bearing hinges all whilst bringing a much more pleasing aesthetic to your beautiful external timber doors
Introducing Coastal’s HQ4 Hinge and Shimwell Packer solution.
HQ4 Stainless Steel External Door Butt Hinge
Tired of fitting external door hinges that let your door down by rusting or leaking and leaving streaks?
Coastal’s BLU HQ4 triple knuckle butt Hinge is the ideal solutions for your external timber doors – designed to work on any timber – including oak and accoya®, in any location, 100% of the time, for as long as the life of the door! Key benefits of the HQ4 include:
- Manufactured from 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel so it won’t rust in acidic timber or coastal locations
- Fitted with self-lubricating phosphor bronze washers meaning there are no ball bearings or oil lubrication required and subsequently no oil leakage.
- Precision machined components ensure no leaf play or door drop, vastly outperforming 3D adjustable hinges.
The features of the HQ4 Hinge
- Durability Tested to 100,00 cycles
- Load tested to support 160kg weight using 3 hinges
- Comes with a best-in-class lifetime guarantee
The HQ4 is available in seven finishes, Satin Stainless Steel (SSS), Polished Stainless Steel (PSS), PVD Stainless Satin Brass (PSB), PVD Stainless Polished Brass (PPB), Matt Smooth Black (MSB), Oil Rubbed Bronze (ORB), White (WH) and is available with square or radius corners.
Shimwell Packers Make Adjustment Easy
It’s natural that over time your timber doors encounter some issues of movement or swelling due to environmental factors completely out of your control.
Coastal’s innovative HQ Shimwell Packers deliver a much more accurate and efficient way to adjust your timber doors.
correcting a jamb that is out of alignment.
This method can have adverse effects on the function of your door, with the carboard compressing this can cause the door to migrate, sag and blind in the jamb.
Coastal’s Shimwell solution are installed by the joiner when fitting the door, making adjustments simple and fast when the doors swell, removing the inconvenience of having to plane the door down to release the bind. Key features of the Shimwell hinge include:
- Available in 0.5mm, 1mm or 2mm Shimwell to bring the door back into alignment.
- Compatible with both HQ4, HQR and HQ45 hinges as discussed in this article.
- Simple function allows adjustment by loosening the hinge screws and removing relevant packer to bring door back into alignment.
HQ45 Stainless Steel Projection Butt Hinge
The HQ4 is also available as a projection hinge – the HQ45 Projection Hinge. Projection hinges are perfect for applications where doors are required to open fully beyond 90 degrees, enabling the door to open and stop flat against the door without obstruction. The BLU HQ45 is ideal for:
- Projects with thicker doors
- Double or French Doors
The HQ45 provides exceptional performance, passing a 100,000 cycle test on a 160kg door using 3 hinges and is available in 5 stunning finishes, Satin Stainless Steel (SSS), Polished Stainless Steel (PSS), PVD Stainless Satin Brass (PSB), PVD Stainless Polished Brass (PPB) and PVD Stainless Satin Black (PBK).
What do our customers have to say about our HQ4 range of Heavy-Duty Stainless-Steel Hinges?
Prevent Misalignment Issues With Coastal’s Self-Centring Hinge Drill
Fitting hinges to your doors and windows can be problematic due to inconsistency for early and late grade timber, causing movement when drilling.
To prevent the potential for misalignment, Coastal’s cleverly designed hinge centring drill bit works with size 4 and 5 hinges to deliver perfect alignment every time!
Do I need to hire an architect on my new build project?
Architects are the masters of utilising space for your home – They’re able to assess and spot the potential locked away inside. Furthermore, with their detailed knowledge of planning policy, they’re able to guide you through the ins and outs of dealing with your local authority. This makes them an incredibly useful professional to have onboard.